How Our Service WorksBuying online can be done in 3 easy to follow steps.
- Step 1 - Click above "proceed to consultation" your free online consultation. This only takes a few minutes.
- Step 2 - Your completed consultation will be reviewed by one of our registered doctors, after which you will receive a email.
- Step 3 - Once you have received your email, you will then be able to login to your secure Dr Chat and place an order with free next-day delivery.
- UK Registered Pharmacy
- UK Registered Doctors
- 100% Discreet Packaging
- Free Next Day Delivery
What are the benefits?
Solpadol 30/500mg tablets contain 30mg codeine and 500mg paracetamol
Solpadol 30/500mg is a branded medicine prescribed for the short-term relief of moderate to severe pain, including period pain, nerve pain, muscular pain and toothache.
It should not be taken for longer than your prescription advises or no more than three days.
How does this treatment work?
Solpadol is a combination painkiller, containing codeine and paracetamol. It is known generically as co-codamol. Other branded medicines containing co-codamol include Solpadeine Plus and Solpadeine Max.
Codeine is classed as an opiate painkiller (also called opiates or opioids). It reduces the sensation of pain by binding to the opioid receptors in your brain.
Paracetamol works by blocking the production of substances called prostaglandins that sensitise your nerve endings, thereby reducing the amount of pain you feel.
How do you use it?
Please read the printed information leaflet inside the pack for full details of how to take this treatment.
There are no known foods you should avoid while taking Solpadol. However, alcohol may increase your susceptibility to some of its side effects, so please consult a healthcare professional if you plan to drink while taking it.
Taking Solpadol may also affect your ability to drive or operate machinery safely.
Solpadol is not recommended for long-term pain relief. It is only suitable to take for short periods of time, as described on your prescription or for a maximum of three days. If you take it for longer, it may cause dependency problems such as withdrawal symptoms when you stop taking it.
Who can use it?
If any of the following apply to you, Solpadol may not be suitable for you, or you may have to take extra care while taking it:
- You are pregnant or breast-feeding
- You are elderly
- You have an allergy or sensitivity to codeine or paracetamol
- You have liver or kidney problems
- You have bowel or prostate problems
- You have a respiratory condition such as asthma or COPD
- You have thyroid or adrenal gland problems
- You have or have had an addiction to drugs or alcohol
- You have had a recent head injury
- You have a biliary tract disorder, such as gallstones
- You have constipation or a potential gut blockage
- You have underactive adrenal glands
- You have low blood pressure or an irregular heart beat
- You have a history of epilepsy
For more information on whether or not you should take this medicine, please refer to the printed information leaflet inside the pack.
Did you know?
According to the British Pain Society (BPS), some complimentary therapies have been found to be useful in helping to manage pain, including when used alongside pain relieving medication.
- Hypnotherapy – including self hypnosis – may be helpful when used as part of a relaxation technique. In an analysis of 18 studies, New York-based researchers discovered hypnosis may offer a moderate to large pain relieving effect.
- Meditation (including Transcendental Meditation and mindfulness meditation) may also help by relaxing the body. Studies suggest meditating may increase your tolerance of pain, and mindfulness meditation is used successfully in pain reduction programmes.
- Acupuncture and acupressure may be helpful in the management of chronic headaches, migraine and muscle pain syndromes, says the BPS (a growing body of evidence also supports the use of these therapies for pain management).
- Homeopathy, however, has not shown any benefit in pain management, the BPS claims, along with a number of other natural therapies.
Please note: If you are using herbal medicines in any form, please be aware that some may interact with prescription medicines, including painkillers.
Precautions & side effects?
Not everyone experiences side effects when taking Solpadol. Here are some of the most common ones:
- Feeling dizzy
- Dry mouth
- Feeling drowsy/sleepy
- Feeling lightheaded
- Skin rash
- Nausea or vomiting
- Decreased sex drive
- Loss of appetite
For a full list of side effects associated with Solpadol, please refer to the printed information leaflet inside the pack.
Please note: Some other medicines may interact with Solpadol or cause similar side effects. Do not take with other medicines that contain codeine or paracetamol, including co-codamol.
How does the consultation work?
If you wish to buy Solpadol 30/500mg tablets online, please note that we take our customers’ safety very seriously. All orders placed with Online Pharmacy in UK.com are reviewed by a fully qualified GMC-registered doctor.
This consultation process includes the following:
- When you proceed to checkout after placing your order, you will enter our online consultation facility, where you will be required to complete a medical questionnaire. This will be reviewed by one of our doctors.
- If your order is approved by our doctor, an electronic prescription will be sent to our dispensing pharmacy on your behalf
Please note: If you are ordering pain relief medication, there are three additional questions you must agree to regarding identification checks. If you do not agree to any one of these questions, your order will not be accepted.
If you would like to ask one of our medical professionals any questions about this medication, please log in to our Patients’ Portal after placing your order.
Free discreet delivery?
If you buy Solpadol 30/500mg online from the UK or EU, we can offer free next-day delivery. We ship all orders via a trackable courier service (DPD, TNT or UPS) using discreet, plain packaging. Delivery also includes a text messaging service, which conveniently provides you with an estimated arrival time.
Please note: You will have to sign for your order