How Our Service WorksBuying online can be done in 3 easy to follow steps.
- Step 1 - Click above "proceed to consultation" your free online consultation. This only takes a few minutes.
- Step 2 - Your completed consultation will be reviewed by one of our registered doctors, after which you will receive a email.
- Step 3 - Once you have received your email, you will then be able to login to your secure Dr Chat and place an order with free next-day delivery.
- UK Registered Pharmacy
- UK Registered Doctors
- 100% Discreet Packaging
- Free Next Day Delivery
What are the benefits?
Codeine phosphate tablets are available in a 30mg or 60mg dose.
Codeine phosphate is prescribed for the short-term relief of mild to moderate pain and should not be taken for longer than your prescription advises.
How does this treatment work?
Codeine is classed as an opiate painkiller (also called opiates or opioids).
It works by binding to the opioid receptors in your brain, which reduces the amount of pain you experience. It is also sometimes used to ease a dry cough or to manage short episodes of diarrhoea.
How do you use it?
Codeine phosphate tablets can be taken with or without food. Please read the printed information leaflet inside the pack for full details of how to take this treatment.
Who can use it?
Codeine phosphate should not be used in children under 12 years of age. Also, if any of the following apply to you, codeine phosphate may not be suitable for you, or you may have to take extra care while taking it:
- You are pregnant or breast-feeding
- You are elderly
- You have an allergy or sensitivity to codeine phosphate
- You have respiratory problems such as asthma or COPD
- You have heart, liver or kidney problems
- You have thyroid or prostate problems
- You have a biliary tract disorder such as gallstones
- You have epilepsy or low blood pressure
- You have muscle weakness caused by myasthenia gravis
- You have thyroid or adrenal gland problems
- You have an inflammatory bowel problem such as Crohn’s disease or ulcerative colitis, or have been constipated for more than a week
- You have or have had an addiction to drugs or alcohol
- You have had a recent head injury
For more information on whether or not you should take this medicine, please refer to the printed information leaflet inside the pack.
Did you know?
More than 10 million people in the UK suffer from headaches, says the NHS.
There are three main types of primary headache (headaches not caused by an underlying health problem):
Tension headache: The everyday type of headache most people suffer from. There are many causes, including stress, lack of sleep, skipping meals and not drinking enough (dehydration). The symptoms include a dull ache, sometimes with a feeling of pressure around the head.
Cluster headache: Rare and very painful, with symptoms typically including intense pain around one eye. They are usually diagnosed by a doctor and often happen around the same time of year in clusters for a month or two at a time.
Migraine: According to the NHS around 15 percent of adults in the UK – including one in four women and one in 12 men – suffer from migraine. The symptoms include a pounding or throbbing pain, with around 10 percent of sufferers also experiencing visual disturbances such as flashing lights as well as tingling or pins and needles in the limbs, called aura symptoms.
There are several things that trigger migraine, including fluctuating hormone levels, stress, anxiety, depression and excitement. Not getting enough sleep or having low blood sugar can also cause migraine, as can bad posture, not eating or drinking regularly, or drinking alcohol (certain foods are also believed to trigger migraine, including chocolate, cheese and citrus fruits).
Other migraine triggers include bright lights, loud noises, strong smells, computer or television screens and very cold temperatures, as well as certain types of medicines including hormone replacement therapy (HRT), the pill and some sleeping tablets.
Codeine is also available with paracetamol which is available online.
Precautions & side effects?
Not everyone experiences side effects when taking codeine phosphate. Here are some of the most common ones:
- Feeling dizzy or sleepy
- Nausea and vomiting
- Dry mouth
- Mood changes
- Skin rash/itching
- Difficulties passing urine
- Disturbed sleep
For a full list of side effects associated with codeine phosphate, please refer to the printed information leaflet inside the pack
Please note: Some other medicines may interact with codeine phosphate or cause similar side effects. Do not take with other medicines that contain codeine phosphate, such as co-codamol tablets.
Seek professional advice before drinking alcohol while taking codeine phosphate, as it may increase your risk of experiencing side effects such as dizziness and sleepiness.
Taking codeine phosphate may also affect your ability to drive or operate machinery safely.
Codeine phosphate is only suitable to take for short periods of time, as described on your prescription. If you take it for longer, it may cause dependency problems such as withdrawal symptoms when you stop taking it.
How does the consultation work?
If you wish to buy codeine phosphate tablets online, please note that we take our customers’ safety very seriously. All orders placed with Online Pharmacy in UK.com are reviewed by a fully qualified GMC-registered doctor.
This consultation process includes the following:
- When you proceed to checkout after placing your order, you will enter our online consultation facility, where you will be required to complete a medical questionnaire. This will be reviewed by one of our doctors.
- If your order is approved by our doctor, an electronic prescription will be sent to our dispensing pharmacy on your behalf.
Please note: If you are ordering pain relief medication, there are three additional questions you must agree to regarding identification checks. If you do not agree to any one of these questions, your order will not be accepted.
If you would like to ask one of our medical professionals any questions about this medication, please log in to our Patients’ Portal after placing your order.
Free discreet delivery?
If you buy codeine phosphate online from the UK or EU, we can offer free next-day delivery. We ship all orders via a trackable courier service (DPD, TNT or UPS) using discreet, plain packaging. Delivery also includes a text messaging service, which conveniently provides you with an estimated arrival time.
Please note: You will have to sign for your order.